Jesus is building His church
Jesus is building His Church, and advancing His kingdom! It has been exciting to witness and participate in what God has done in Ngaruawahia and Horsham Downs over the last couple of weeks. As revealed in the prophetic leading of God over the last 15+ years, the construction of a new building here at Horsham Downs is one part of God’s strategy; to see the city, region, nation and the nations of the world impacted by the Gospel. We are leaning into God anticipating what He will continue to do through us, as we progress towards a new building, and for generations after it’s completion.
Hudson Taylor once said, God’s work, done God’s way will not lack God’s supply. We will always have the resources for doing what we are supposed to be doing. If we don’t have what we need to go forward, we will have the resources for waiting. When we are supposed to go forward, we are confident that God will supply all the means to do so. So we continue to rely on God’s leading, provision, favour and timing.
Our original planning of key milestones anticipated that we share the preliminary design and budget forecast by the end of April. However, as we have considered and investigated options with our architects and other consultants, multiple factors have arisen to delay a detailed announcement.
Factors affecting design:
- The slope of our site, current ground level and the forecast changes to Horsham Downs Rd provide incentive and opportunity to amend the layout of Martin Lane.
- Changes to Martin Lane would enable a larger flat building platform and significantly influence where and how the building sits on the site
- Meeting with the appropriate people in council to pursue this avenue has proven difficult, however we have a meeting planned this month. Please pray for favour.
Factors affecting the budget forecast:
- Land requirements are not precisely known.
- Formal negotiations with land owners are still in progress, final costs not yet known.
- Amending the starting ground level or the exact location on site both have significant cost implications as part of the final design.
- To share a budget estimate at this time would be misleading as there are still too many unknowns to give an accurate figure.
What we can say about finances is:
- God has provided sufficient funds to cover all costs to date, and the forecast expenses required to submit for resource consent.
- As people continue to respond to God’s leading, all donations are being allocated to the building project only.
- We continue to look for God’s resourcing in how His vision is worked out. Elders continue to seek God for wisdom on the particular details
- We will provide a cost estimate as soon as we have sufficient detail in the building design to provide a high level of confidence in the forecast amount.
David’s charge to Solomon when commencing the temple was ; “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly.1 Chron 28:20 (NLT)
The Village Church Building Team